Calling All Artists!
This is an open call for artists to participate in the creation of a mural for the upcoming Jersey City Mural Festival! The festival will be held on June 5 & 6, with painting beginning between June 1-5. We are searching for multiple artists to both design a concept for and execute a mural. This call is open to all local artists.
Paint and supplies will be the responsibility of the artist.
Open to artist(s)’s style. No depictions of violence, nudity, drugs, or crime.
- Demonstrated ability and technical knowledge required to execute a mural on a large-scale
- Prior experience; must have painted or assisted with murals or other artwork at a significant scale
- Must have proficiency with working on boom and scissor lifts
- Artist must execute the design within 10 days of the project start date
- Executed work must be true to submitted concept design
- Artistic excellence
- Unique design and high visual impact
- Content appropriate for all audiences
- Strength to which proposal conveys design theme
How to Apply
Submit the following:
- One (1) digital design
- Up to five (5) images of your largest completed solo murals/or largest scale pieces of work
- An artist Statement
- A proposal Statement
Submit your application in a single PDF to JCMAP@jcnj.org
Deadline to Apply
Please submit all required documentation no later than Wednesday, May 19th at 9am.
Late submissions will not be considered.